I was trying to build an app today that responded to the BATTERY_LOW warning. I managed to connect to the running emulator, using the port number, that is in the Window Title. However once connected I was getting error messages reported against the syntax of my command

“unknown command, try help”


I checked the command and everything was fine. It turns out that the Telnet connection to the emulator console can get itself all confused and starts to fail on commands that are correct. If you get this don’t give up and think you are doing something wrong it is just the Telnet communications being a bit flaky.

One thing that does seem to reliably upset it is when you try correcting a typo with the backspace key. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. I almost gave up.